Wednesday 25 March 2015

A Virtual Drive Through Bhutan

This is a great set of pictures, reminds me of a home I once had. 


Such a great country to travel through and be in. My home is just off camera to the right on Number 10 - The Phuentsholing-Thimphu Highway. 



The first time I drove this road I was being dropped off at the school I had been assigned to for the year - Pakshikha MSS. It was winter time and the landscape was all brown and scrubby, like I imagine California to be. As the year rolled by I went up and down the road many times, sometimes in a packed out bus, sometimes in hitched rides or taxis, sometimes in the cars I borrowed from the Principal and the Vice-Principal (such generosity). Each new journey was different from the last as the landscapes changed with the seasons. 

I was amazed when I first saw this waterfall barrelling out of the forest. They came from everywhere  of course - the landscape dripped from all directions where once it had all been dry. The water brought leeches, clever ones that knew where to sit in wait - door handles, banisters etc. The banked up muddy-loose rocks ran with rivulets that burst from the undergrowth and scuttled across the road. Of course they brought landslides with them. The Himalaya is a shifting landscape. The roads of Bhutan are always falling apart and being put back together.

I'd love to travel them again.

3 comments:

Skanda Tejaswi said...

Hi David,

I'm considering travelling to Bhutan either in December or before April next year. I have seen both brown and green landscapes in Bhutan photographs, and considering that brown landscapes are generally a put off for me, I was wondering if you'd be able to advise on whether I can hope for some green carpeted landscapes before April or May. If I can't, I guess December it will be.

Thanks!
Skanda

Mrs.Irene Query said...

I am Mrs.Irene Query i was in need of a loan of $150,000 and was scammed by those fraudulent lenders and a friend introduce me to Dr Purva Pius,and he lend me the loan without any stress,you can contact him at (urgentloan22@gmail.com) Approvals within 2-4 Hours

Mrs Sharon Sim said...

My name is Charles David,I am a Citizen Of USA.Have you been looking for a loan?Do you need an urgent personal or business loan?contact Mr James Eric Finance Home he help me with a loan of $320.000 some days ago after been scammed of $4500 from a woman claiming to been a loan lender but i thank God today that i got my loan worth $320.000.Feel free to contact the company for a genuine financial service. Email:{urgentfastloan@gmail.com}

LOAN APPLICATION FORM:

Full Name:................
Loan Amount Needed:.
Purpose of loan:.......
Loan Duration:..
Gender:.............
Marital status:....
Location:..........
Home Address:..
City:............
Country:......
Phone:..........
Mobile / Cell:....
Occupation:......
Monthly Income:....
Website You Heard About Us?......
Email Him at: (urgentfastloan@gmail.com)